Father’s day is this weekend and what better way to kick it off? I bring you my top 5 fictional fathers.
5. Arthur Weasley (Harry Potter) – Hello he’s Mr. Weasley how can he not make the list? Sure he has no idea what his kids are up to, but he has so many fun muggle artifacts for them to mess about with! Really what’s not to love?
4. Daniel Hillard (Mrs. Doubtfire) – Not many dad’s would dress as an old woman to be nearer his kids and continue to help raise them. But he did and to me well that’s love right there!
3. Wilfred Mott (Doctor Who) – While not a father to Donna Noble, he certainly was a father figure to her and possibly The Doctor too. I mean he’s a little out there (which is awesome), loving, and super supportive of Donna (even when her mother is horrid to her). Grandpa Mott is the man!
2. Burt Hummel (Glee) – I loved how Burt didn’t care that his son came out. He only really cared that he was happy. Seriously, I cried like a baby during that episode of Glee. Burt is one hell of a Dad, Kurt’s a lucky kid to have a Dad who not only loves him, but stands up for him too.
1. Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird) – He has it all: smart, loving, principled, and an upstanding citizen who fights for what’s right/justice. He also raised his kids to be better people too all on his own. That deserves the number one spot in my book.
So Happy Father’s Day to all you Dad’s out there. I hope you have a wonderful day with your children!